Sunday 12 August 2012

A Day in 'Daiba

As I mentioned in my previous post I have a few things left on my to-do list before I leave Japan.
Well, I can reveal that two of the remaining things were.. crossing Rainbow Bridge on foot and seeing the full-scale model of  a Gundam Moble Suit!

Crossing Rainbow Bridge Part 1 レインボーブリッジを渡った第一!
It's been 3 long years coming, but I finally did it.. twice!
やっとこの有名な橋を渡った。。二回も!
Rainbow Bridge is about 15 minutes walk from Tamachi Station.. pretty sweaty in 30'C heat! The bridge spans about 580m and takes about 30 mins to cross.

  • South Side 南ルート
This side has view of the Bay. I crossed during the day time.
 I finally arrived! Lovely welcome sign!
やっと着いた!何か看板がちょっとボロボロ
..

 Up the elevator to the lucky 7th floor.. and presto!
エレベータをラッキーな7階まで。

Anyone wanna give me a lift?

Gundam Statue ガンダム立像
Actually the statue was originally in Tokyo, but was moved to Kanagawa prefecture a month before I first came to Japan so I missed it. Luckily it has come back to Tokyo for another year so I got to see it.
I'm not really interested in the Gundam Series, but the chance to take a picture of an 18m tall figure is pretty cool! 
今年からガンダム立像はまた東京に戻ってきた!実はガンダムシリーズに興味ないけど写真のチャンスです!
Isn't it huge!?
デッカッやろ?!!
  
Remembering Richard/ リチャードを思い出す為に。。
 I tried to find Richard (RIP)'s favourite spot in Tokyo, and I think I kind of succeeded.
I sat on a rock and enjoyed the view and a yummy Subway sandwich.
 亡くなった友達の一番好きなスポットを探そうとした。成功だったね?

Crossing Rainbow Bridge Part2 レインボーブリッジを渡った第二!

  • North Side 来たルート 

    By now the sun had set and I got to enjoy the lovely night scene of Tokyo and I thought a lot about how I'll miss Tokyo when I move in less than 2 weeks. 今度は夜の東京の景色を見ました。
Rainbow Bridge(left) and Tokyo Tower(right)
レインボーブリッジ(左)と東京タワー(右) 

So what is the final thing left on my to-do list?
...You'll just have to wait and see!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment